Encountering Jesus. Living by the Spirit. Being transformed. Receiving Life.
To experience God through the power of Christ and His Holy Spirit within us for the purpose of His glory and will for our lives. (Mark 15:38-39)
Then, taking what He has spoken to us and creating opportunities for believers and seekers to experience God through Christ and subsequently the power of this relationship, through His Holy Spirit who dwells within all believers, to the end of transforming our lives and world. (2 Corinthians 5:17)
By striving together to create opportunities, experiences, retreats, programs, resources, and an environment that encourages each other to learn and practice what it means to follow Jesus daily (1 John 2:6) and therefore experience the ‘life to the full’ (John 10:10) intended for all of us who are disciples of Jesus.
“Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
Statement of Beliefs
- We believe in the verbal and complete inspiration by God of the original writings of the Old and New Testament Scriptures, the only infallible rule of faith and practice.
- We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, and is completely God and completely Man.
- We believe the Holy Spirit is God, at work in the world to execute all divine activity, and especially to reveal Jesus Christ and to glorify Him.
- We believe man was created in the image of God and is loved by Him but, through sinful inheritance and choice, is alienated, separated from God and under His righteous judgment.
- We believe the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures as a substitutionary and complete sacrifice, and that all who repent and believe in Him are justified, wholly apart from human merit and works, on the ground of His shed blood and resurrection.
- We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His ascension into Heaven, and in His present life there for us, as High Priest and Advocate.
- We believe in the second, visible and personal coming of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ to establish His worldwide Kingdom on the earth.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the eternal blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting separation from God of the unsaved.
- We believe all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ are born of the Holy Spirit and thereby become children of God and members of the body of Christ, the one true Church, whose life is visibly expressed wherever even two or three are gathered together in His name.
- We believe the Christian life is not a reformation, but a transformation, in which Christ Himself relives His life through the believer’s whole being. Such a life will be preeminently characterized by love, truth, and obedience.
- We believe all members of the body of Christ are commissioned to make disciples by proclaiming Jesus Christ as Lord, and by living in service, obedience, and imitation of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Prayer should be a primary part of our communion with God and we should strive to be unceasing in this communication with our Lord and God.
We will strive daily to spend time in God’s presence with a posture of attentive reception to His Voice through Scripture and the Holy Spirit.
We uphold the Bible as the authoritative Word of God and completely inspired by Him as a primary means of revealing Himself to man.
God commands us in Scripture to obey Him and that every believer will be held accountable before God with the understanding that our salvation is through the grace of Jesus Christ alone and not by works.
God alone is worthy of our worship and we will prioritize the expression of our love and reverence for the person of God as his glory demands.
Just as God himself lives in fellowship within the three persons of the Trinity we too will strive to live in community and fellowship with God and our fellow believers making every effort to love God with all of our heart, soul, mind, and strength and others as ourselves.
As bond servants of Christ we will humbly submit ourselves in service and regard the needs of others before our own.
By the power of the Holy Spirit we will strive daily to answer our Lord’s call to “Follow me.” By imitating his love and discipline in an effort to become more like him daily.
Our Lord taught us that whatever we do for the least of his people we do for him, therefore, we will be extravagant in our welcome and hospitality to all who cross our path.
All that we do we will do as if doing it for God himself.